Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Stores We Love

Bonjour fashionistas!
Oh my, it has been a long time since I've posted. I've just been so wrapped up in school! This week though, I'm off for break. I'm going to make as many posts as possible, and then I'll try for one a week until winter break. Boarding school is going fabulously, thanks for asking!

So, today we're going to chat about some cute, little-known stores. They may be well-known to YOU, but I discovered them over the summer. A few of them are just a tad pricey, so I would suggest putting it on your holiday wishlist in hopes that Santa may put it under the tree or your parents will give it to you on the eighth night...

The FIRST store we're going to chat about is Kira Plastinina. To be honest, this store is not really my style, as it's a little too funky for me, but you have to commend Kira. She's only in tenth grade, and she's running her own fashion line and doing very well. Now, she doesn't design all of the clothes, but she does inspire them. The clothes are, as I said, funky, with glittery dresses, print leggings, and colorful tees. I did find some things that I loved, both on-line and in her New York store, such as this dress. The store is also very teen-friendly, with colorful decorations, a candy bar, and a free lollipop for every customer. I would certainly suggest searching this store, even if it would never be my mine wardrobe staple. And who knows? It could be yours!

The next store we're going to chat about it much more me-Madewell! I found this store over the summer, and it is one of my absolute favorites now! I think of it as a sort of casual-chic-meets-J.Crew, a connection that shouldn't come as a surprise since Madewell and J.Crew are owned by some of the same people. My favorite item they sell is scarves...and they have PLENTY for me to love. They also sell several cardigans, and my personal favorite- straight-legged jeans and cords. I have the jeans in blue, gray, yellow, and the cords in blue. They're trendy, warm, and flattering. This store is a must-go for staples, cardigans, jeans, and scarves. They also have fabulous boots!

The next store is possibly my favorite. Ever. It's name is Rugby and it's owned by Ralph Lauren. Is it expensive? Oh yes. Is it worth it? Ohhh yes! Everything they sell is so...cool, and flattering! If you watch Gossip Girl and you saw that episode at Yale, it screamed Rugby the entire time! Unsurprisingly they sell several rugbies. They also have chic dresses and skirts. The blouses are also to die for. Do you see anything wrong with this store? I have yet to find anything ugly there! Oh sure, some of it may not be anything I would wear. It's still cute though!

That's it for this post of fabulous stores! I hope you found some new things you love! Arrivederci! Ciao!

Moi

No comments: