Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Outerwear Post

Bonjour, fellow fashionistas! Today, this blog is all about the outerwear! Vests,and trenches, and cardigans, oh my! Not to mention peacoats, bombers, leather moto jackets, and sweaters in general. Okay so because I clipped my own stuff into Polyvore, the bodies of some people were cut off, which also made some of the items a little weird. Sorry about that, bear with me. If you can't see an item, click on the set and then look at it on polyvore. Thanks :)

The first type of outerwear we'll talk about today is the peacoat and the trench. I grouped them together because they're both just timeless classics. Moreover, they look good on anyone and they're usually very warm! I love the color of the Maria Trench from Delia*s. It's the blue-ish one. If you have blue eyes (like me!) it's sure to bring them out. Also, the red trench from J.Crew is to die for. I have the belted peacoat from Delia*s. It's held up three years and I love it. I wear it all the time! Well, once it gets cold enough. It looks like checked coats are definitely in this season too. I love all of the ones I found, especially the Charlotte Ronson. There's also a spotted coat from Delia*s, which you can't really see. It's so fun, I want it! And the yellow coat from UO is so adorable. That color is very in right now, and I just love it! It adds a fun splash of color to a dreary, cold day!



Next on my list are bombers and motos. Bombers are always cute, and I enjoy my own moto jacket to give a trench edge to my otherwise classic style. The bomber from Wet Seal does that as well. I almost bought it, but then I found a Lucky moto (not online!) that I just died for. It looks a lot like the Silence & Noise jacket from UO, only it's brown. I fully suggest investing in a real leather jacket. They last forever, and leather is one of those awesome materials that gets MORE expensive the older it is. So if you buy a $398 jacket you can sell it ten years from now and end up with a profit. I also really like the tartan bomber from Forever 21. It's unique. All of the other bombers, from Delia* s and UO, are cute, comfy, and not outrageous. They're perfect for a girl who wants a little style but doesn't want to be crazy OUT THERE. Bombers and motos are always good for fall days, before it's cold enough to wear peacoats and trenches, or cool summer nights (although I prefer cardigans for those)



Speaking of cardigans, I am in LOVE with all of the cardigans around right now. They're so cute. They can be chic, preppy, trendy...whatever you need! That zebra print cardigan from Delia*s, for instance? Totally trendy. The J.Crew ones are all preppy, and the Urban ones, mostly chic (with a few preppy ones thrown in). They look great over anything. Tanks, tees, polos, button downs, camis, cute little tops, etc. They're good for early fall days and cool summer nights. They're really in right now, too, so they're everywhere! I liked them so much, I had to make TWO sets for them.





After cardigans, it makes sense to talk about sweaters! All four of these got a little messed up, but I'm sure you can see how chic they are. The BDG shawl from UO just makes me want to curl up in it. It looks so soft and yummy! I would definitely wear this out to the movies and dinner with the girls. I'd see and be seen, but during the feature I could just snuggle up in it too! The same thing goes for the bubble sleeve sweater. It's more boho than the first, but they both look deliciously comfortable, not to mention warm. I bet they look hot on, too. And the sweater coat? Let me just tell you right now, Kimchi Blue is one of my favorite designers. It seems like whenever I see something I like on Urban Outfitter's website, it's Kimchi Blue. This just looks so cute on the model, and it looks like it would be equally flattering on anyone else! Also, the Banana Republic sweater is so cute. I love the middle, how it comes together and folds. It's très sophisticated. Sweaters are definitely a late fall and winter staple, at least where I'll be (New England!)


Next up, let's talk about vests! Vests can take any outfit from blah to Ta-Da! They have vests for any style, from punk to boho to prep. It just depends what you pair it with ! For instance, the J.Crew sweater is obviously preppy, especially over that button down. The Delia*s sweater would give a fun twist to a boring polo, button-down, or teeshirt! Over the tee, it's a little boho (open) or punk (buttoned), but over the polo or button-down, it's another chic twist to a preppy outfit (see last week's post!). The Drape coated vest is so cute too. It's totally flattering. The Lux halter denim vest is chic and fashion forward. It looked great over that tank, and it would rock a teeshirt well too! The Silence & Noise brushed vest is asbsolutely to die for. I LOVE the idea of it over a simple dress, like the model is wearing, or over a boy tank. My favorite vest of all, however, is probably the BDG flannel vest. I absolutely love it! Unfortunately, I don't have the figure for it but if you do, I am beyond jealous. I would buy it in a HEARTBEAT and throw it over all my oxfords and teeshirts. I am so in love with vests right now.



Last but certainly not least, we have one of my favorite fall trends: BLAZERS. I was so happy when I saw these were in for fall. On those lazy days when you just want to wear a teeshirt and jeans, it takes literally two seconds to grab a blazer and throw it on out the door, so PLEASE do. They're chic, they're fun, and they're classy! I love the emblem on both the preppie cord blazer and the Legacy blazer. They add a fun prep-school element to any outfit. And with the Sgt Pepper Jacket you'll feel like you could start a Revolution (my personal favorite Beatle's song!) The Boy's Blazer is simple and elegant, and the picture made me realize that blazers can look awesome over the right dress! The Ben Sherman blazer is, I think, my favorite though. It's a lighter blue, adding some fun and color to the outfit without being too wild and crazy. The side pockets are so cute too! With blazers, you'll feel like you can take on the world!



Well, that's all for this post my darling fashionistas. Next time, I'll take you through seven days of that craziness we call the school year in style! Until then, keep stylin',

Brooke

1 comment:

Leah said...

Lovely post!! :)